Thursday, May 04, 2006

Rambling Thoughts

Why does windshield wiper fluid come in 1 gallon containers, but in every car I have ever owned, the reserve is less than 1 gallon?

I met a new friend over the weekend and he is originally from Iran. Our conversation turned to the current Iran/US tension and he made a comment I found rather humorous. He said that some of his other Iranian friends has suggested (tongue in cheek, I am sure) that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was actually a CIA stooge. I researched this on the web and discovered that the idea of accusing Iranian presidents of working for the CIA has been around since about 2000. It was first floated by a political rival of Ahmadinejad's predecessor, Mohammed Khatami. I found this article from that period:
click here

That Ahmadinejad is maintaining that he needs a nuclear energy program when his country is the 2nd largest producer of oil in OPEC is ludicrous enough. However what makes him really cartoon-like is his vocal hatred of Israel. I would almost sympathize with his desire for a nuclear bomb with the U.S. military on his flank. I understand the need to maintain sovereignty. But to express hatred for Israel while you are building nuclear bombs is such an open invitation for Bush to bomb your breeder-reactor, that if someone wrote this in a movie script, it would be panned for being too stupid to believe. Maybe in this high stakes poker game, Ahmadinejad wants Bush to bomb his reactor facility, for some reason I can't fathom. I don't know, but can you imagine how the people that work there must feel right now. How would you like to be the night watchman at the Iranian breeder reactor facility? It gives me shivers just thinking about it.

No comments: